Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Almost Summer

We are SOO close to finishing up our homeschool year I can barely believe it. Today was supposed to be our last official day and I planned a "Last Day of School Party." However, one boy got a stomach bug Monday afternoon and we certainly can't have a party without everyone feeling 100%. The party will have to wait until next week. (I have some special things planned to have a little fun together and celebrate all our hard work.)

Thankfully, since the start of our standardized testing last Thursday we have eased into a more relaxed schedule and I LOVE IT! I've barely taken any photos and have almost forgotten about blogging. I've gone to bed earlier, relaxed more and been a little more spontaneous. (Who knew I even remembered how to do that???) The kids wake up every day asking what they need to do for school and they do it! what?!? where have my children gone? Maybe it feels less intimidating since it's just a small amount and the end is in sight?

Here are some glimpses from the few pictures I did take:
Taking a break during testing, Luke practiced some handstands. He's so glad to be done and I'm thankful for his cheerful attitude. How is it possible that he is now officially a 5th grader???
With lots of afternoon rain storms last week, we didn't risk heading to the pool only to be sent home due to thunder and lightening. But they surely needed to burn some energy, so we went on hot bike rides and then cooled off in the sprinklers. The quality is terrible for these photos because I used my iPod. I couldn't remember where I put my camera.  I'm telling you, my brain is on vacation.
 You wouldn't believe how long they just stood there huddled up, ducking the spray each time and screaming. I kept calling to them, "Run around! Jump through the spray!" Maybe I should have demonstrated?? Probably so...
 I love that he loves things like an "Electricity Kit." He is learning so much by experimenting
I am so glad that we have had time to spontaneously paint and that they are old enough to paint 
unattended. I wish I had a picture of Aaron too. I love these boys and know how special they are. They are handling all the extra attention Irina receives remarkably well. It's not uncommon for some friends and family to focus only on Irina and ignore the boys. I get it. She is beautiful and captivating and has quite a story to tell as she experiences new things. However, don't forget about the great things the boys are learning too, please! They need love and attention too. 
Irina is still loving her camera. Phew! It's a good thing we bought the insurance because we've already had the lens repaired. Now that it is fixed and working again, we've had to set some limits to when pictures and video can be taken. oh my!

Lastly, our very generous neighbors hosted an end of year get together with s'mores, glow sticks and lots of fun. Irina had her first taste of a s'more and loved it! However, the final verdict was she liked the grapes better because they were less sticky. 

We are gearing up for a big celebration tomorrow in honor of Daddy's 39th birthday. Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment