Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Clouds to Sunshine


    
The sunshine and warmth today make me thankful. I didn't realize until this weekend how much the days (and days and days...) of rain had an affect on our family and ME. 

Today I am choosing to be thankful for little things. 

* boys voices that are still easily soprano (LOVE hearing them still enjoying the CD I bought from the Kiev Symphony Orchestra and Chorus concert. Aaron's sweet high pitched voice singing choral music...ahhh! music to my ears.)

* SUNSHINE, blue skies, birds chirping, kids collecting caterpillars and running around in the grass

* hummus and vegetables (I accidentally left a big tub of hummus in the back of the van a week ago and it spoiled. boo hiss!! So glad to finally get to the store and buy more. yummy!)

* a running dishwasher and a husband who can fix ANY appliance, seriously. He is not for hire. ;)  (We had to wait almost a week for the $20 part, but it was much better then paying $100+ for a serviceman.)

* friends near and far (never want to take them for granted! they are so dear to me!)

* imaginations (Darin has been reading the Narnia books with the kids when he is not traveling. They are loving re-enacting scenes from the book. Luke is Peter, Irina is Susan, Ethan is Edmund, and Aaron is willing to be little Lucy. This is how they spent their free time during all the rainy days. Love it!)

* freedom to change my mind (The lists I posted about HERE majorly backfired this past weekend. As in, I was followed around all day by someone asking me what he/she could do on the list and how he/she should do it. Incessant talking. Incessant questions. Nothing satisfied. We were both anxious within a couple hours. The relief it created the first weekend turned into stress all around. But I realized, I don't have to keep doing it. I can change my mind! Ahh! That feels like a huge deal to realize that and it makes me thankful. )

No comments:

Post a Comment