Monday, March 9, 2015

The Weather Can Do Wonders

I have to say when I got up early this morning in the pitch black the day after "spring forward" I was a bit of a grouch. Not exactly looking forward to the day and praying for a better attitude.
Then I went into the garage to do my strength training dvd (which I usually do on this portable dvd player) only to discover that the screen is broken. I later learned that some kids (who will remain nameless) knocked it off the shelf with a basketball on a previous day. So, until further notice I will also be exercising my ears as I listen carefully to the instructions on my dvd. I guess I won't be trying any new dvd's anytime soon.

Finally once the morning rush was over (breakfast served, lunches packed, bags ready... you all know the drill probably better then I do!) and the older boys were out the door for their homeschool academy we were finally able to catch our breath. But for some reason, Aaron's steady drumming during school with his pencil, hands, or whatever nearly drove me crazy. "STOP DRUMMING!!!!"

Until I noticed the SUN and what appeared to be warmth!! The weather can do wonders for my attitude. These two are sweet playmates on Mondays when their brothers are away. They had some sort of pretend world going on after lunch. They insisted it was warm enough for no jackets and flip flops. Okay... sure!

With potential rain the rest of the week I decided we needed a spontaneous outing. 
I picked up the big boys at 3pm and headed to one of our favorite outdoor locations. 
Do you see Ethan scampering like a little gazelle? 
They were thrilled to be outside in shorts! It was 70 degrees. 








 Ethan asked me to take this picture so he can sketch it later. ;)
 We got to the top of this hill and Irina said, "Let's roll down the hill." 
 Luke and Aaron didn't want to get dirty so they ran. 
 Ethan and Irina rolled and rolled. Although, Irina kind of curved back up the hill and had to readjust.
Can you see the delight on their faces? Is spring really coming? I can't wait!

1 comment: