Friday, May 27, 2016

Luke

I can hardly remember the days when it seems all I did was change Luke's outfit and take
more pictures. At the time it seemed so hard. I overthought everything.
Wanted to follow an exact mathematical recipe for getting long naps and
therefore the "perfect" well-rested kid. ha!

Now my blue-eyed boy is TWELVE and he is making up for all those years of being a baldy. ;)
Watching him mature and grow up has been such a sweet experience so far. (minimal stereotypical middle school boy moments for now.) He and I share similar character traits which helps me to understand him better (both his strengths and weaknesses). It also helps me to see areas where I need growth as I recognize my own flaws in him. Ack! Sorry for sharing those genes, Luke. ;)
Some guy friends from school came to hang out the Friday before Luke's birthday. These outgoing boys have been a blessing to my reserved guy and I'm thankful for their friendships. Ethan was thrilled to be included in the party. Aaron and Irina spent the night with Grammy and Poppy. (Luke promised to save them treats.) Really fun to say "yes" to all his junky food requests even if it meant throwing out our typical nutritional choices. 
On his actual birthday, Grandma and Grandpa were here to celebrate with us. Luke still loves legos and is a gracious gift receiver. Easy to shop for! It was one of many rainy days in May. 

Dinner out with all four grandparents and then dessert at home. 
Luke asked for homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies and strawberry ice cream. yum!
And because my sensitive guy didn't want to leave out all his girl friends from the festivities, we had another get together to finish off the cookies and ice cream. These girls have been his friends since he was a baby and feel like family to him. That was a LOT of celebrating!
Happy Birthday Luke! God is at work in your life and I'm so 
thankful I get a front row seat. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment