Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hike

Wednesday I was tired. Didn't sleep much thanks to a unexpected little red head (Aaron) tossing and turning in my bed. (Darin was away on business.) However, my very adventurous friend convinced me to join her family for a hike. Without her coaxing, we would have stayed home and had way less fun. I'M SO GLAD for the nudge in the right direction. What a great day!
The kids at the start of the hike. The hike was strenuous and a 
steady climb, but definitely manageable at about 1 mile to the top. 
This view was beautiful. We are definitely coming back in the fall!

I was very nervous with those kids up there, but they listened well and enjoyed the view. 
The weather was beautiful, really beautiful.  Not too hot with a refreshing breeze. 


Irina stayed close. Ethan was scrambling around like a little mountain goat. Luke and Aaron were
 eager to stay near the front of the pack. So glad to have two other adults to manage different speeds. 


"I'm really really tired, but I had a really good day, Mommy. It was so much fun!" exclaimed Irina.
Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment