Friday, July 5, 2013

Dossier, Distractions, and Delights!

A very quick update for those of you wondering...

* It seems that just when we think we understand what's next concerning paperwork, there are more twists and turns. This has been a great test/ learning opportunity when it comes to patience. I still have a LOT to learn in this department, so God keeps allowing me opportunities. ;) Darin sent off a stack of documents to our adoption agency freshly marked with their apostilles. (An apostille is a seal that is attached to all our documents verifying that they are genuine and that the notaries are indeed real notaries. All our documents for the dossier need an apostille.)

* The government offices in Ukraine are closed all this week and not accepting any dossiers next week.  They will begin accepting dossiers on July 15th.

* Our dossier will still need to be translated before it is submitted. Please pray that this is a swift process. Please also pray that we have caught all the mistakes. It seems at every turn there are new hurdles and backtracking to correct the errors of others. Pray that we will be gracious, all the while advocating for our daughter.

* On a fun note... I finally cleaned out Irina's closet of all the random things that get stored in an extra closet. (You do that too, right?) Now, everything in her closet is for her! Almost all the clothes we have for her are the result of generous contributions of both new and used clothes from friends. I have her bed set up with a pretty quilt and pillow shams. I'm still hunting for just the right dresser/bookshelf on craigslist and am eager to sew her coordinating curtains. This has been very special for me.

* I'm not sure if it's "pregnancy brain" or what, but I've struggled with being distracted and forgetful. Really scatterbrained!! I need to praise God for my husband who is handling all the paperwork. He is juggling his heavy work load and all this paperwork, not to mention being a husband and dad too. It is such a relief to know that Darin is handling all of it and know that he is handling it well!

* I'm also busy cleaning out our attic of all the boys baby stuff since we won't need it anymore. Slowly, I am making progress selling items and adding money to our adoption fund. It's only a small dent to the cost of the adoption, but it feels really good to contribute in some way. God is teaching me to trust Him to provide what we need. I'm not a big risk taker and this feels risky, but I believe in my heart that God is calling us to take this risk. The benefits of walking closely with Him and trusting Him, far outweigh the risks. Please contact me if you know someone looking to buy some boy clothes or other baby gear. I have some really cute stuff!

Prayer Requests:
* That the dossier will be translated quickly and ready to be submitted ASAP!
* Irina's safety and protection - both outwardly and inwardly
* Continued prayers for the boys... that God will be preparing their hearts for the upcoming transition.
* That we will trust God for His provision.
* For our family of 5: that God will enable us to extend grace, forgiveness and love to one another in the midst of distractions and demands. Particularly, that I will be "present" and enjoy each moment with the boys instead of fast forwarding in my brain to our future with Irina.

No comments:

Post a Comment